During the final year, you may choose your elective courses by top lecturers in three basic areas: human-computer interaction (UX/UI), software engineering (SE), and artificial intelligence (AI/Data mining). A series of subjects will be presented in English by foreign lecturers. Half of the final year will be devoted to completing the diploma project under the direction of program lecturers and with consultation from IT company specialists. The university will organize and promote field placements for you in Ukraine and abroad.
During the second year you will study the principles of the construction of computer systems, programming and the development of complicated program systems, gain command of Assembler and programming languages on a high level, the theory of probability and mathematical statistics. The subjects of the second year will form algorithmic thinking and will teach you to analyze a problem, to divide it into tasks and to program an effective solution. Meetings with professionals from the IT industry and business will provide you with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the specifics and possibilities of a future profession. Some of the courses will be taught in English. Summer field practice will teach you how to plan and realize your own projects, and will permit you to apply your knowledge to resolving meaningful social issues. Upon completion of your second year, you will know:
- how and why to write code in an object-oriented style;
- how to develop highly effective applications in Java/C++;
- principles of construction of operational systems, relational and non-relational data bases;
- how to write a business plan, how to realize your own project, how to make it profitable and socially meaningful;
- ideas and practices of Christianity, the ethical principles of the IT-sphere;
- how to enhance and develop of your own creativity.
During the first year you will focus on studying mathematics and programming which will give you the foundation for most future courses. You’ll get knowledge of the English language, necessary for studying and interaction, learn communication and critical thinking skills. You will also have an original course in history, that will not only expand your worldview, but will also help you understand current global issues. During the academic year you will meet with specialists from leading IT companies, you will immerse yourself in the UCU environment, participate in UCU English Summer School. Substantial work in the library and computer laboratory, as well as office hours with the lecturers, will create a dynamic and effective learning process.
Upon completing the first year, you’ll get knowledge of:
- logical inference and proof techniques, calculus;
- basic concepts of discrete mathematics, discrete data structures, the basics of combinatorial analysis and graph theory;
- how to program in Python language. You will create several games and other applications during coding hours;
- principles of computer network design and packet routing. You will design and implement a modern office LAN;
- English language on a upper intermediate level (B2);
- methods of communication, self-learning, comparision, and analysis;
- history and pathways of Western civilization.